I have the attention span of a flea.
Could be my historic ADHD, or it could be that I am no longer tied to a fixed time table, allowing my messy tendencies to take over my life. Whatever it is, I’m currently:
– Cooking a pulled pork meal in the slow cooker
– Cleaning the cat’s room
– Writing this blog
– Taking a nap (seriously)
– Trying to publicize our upcoming shows
– Trying to update our website
– Calling a friend to see if she wants to go for a walk by the shoreline on Sunday
I can never do just one thing. Never.
Meanwhile, I was supposed to get out of bed, tag some jewelry, and deliver it to our store in Salinas. Yep. Squirrel ! That so didn’t happen today.
Now, it’s many hours later.
– The pulled pork is done and made eight (8) different meals (I love the freezer – so much less waste).
– I just finished changing the cat’s water and replenishing the kibble (she got pork drippings earlier for dinner – I know, I’m a bad cat parent feeding her people food)
– I’ve had at least two (2) naps, as my ankles are horribly swollen since it was in the 80’s today
– The website didn’t get updated
– The original blog post that caused this stream of thought, a brilliant blog about dealing with Anxiety, never got pimped (until now, even though I’ve completely lost my train of thought about why it was so good).
– And, I’m about to sit down and make some more jewelry as I’ll be heading to Salinas tomorrow, if all goes well. One can never tell what my reality will be vs. what I plan for it to be the night before. Squirrel !