Well, I’ve hit a snafu in that the mortgage company who gave me the pre-approval with a State Disability income of $4,408 per month (or, $1,102 per week unless it’s a 5-week month), has now decided to deny my loan application once my income for Federal Social Security / Disability was determined to be $2,408 per month.
Since my rent is $1,735 per month as of August 1st, I’m still packing as I have to move SOMEWHERE to reduce my cost of living…
But, I’m struggling with making an offer to the Seller to buy their mobile home while I can’t provide documented proof from my employer of a guaranteed supplemental income each month.
Now, this isn’t a pity party. This is just another reality for dealing with the high cost of getting ill in this country. And, with not wanting to have to move to the boonies (2-3 hours away from everyone and everything important in my life) to reduce my monthly rent or mortgage costs down to $735 or so per month.
I really worry about losing my ability to drive.
I really worry about losing contact with my friends if I try and live further away.
I know I’m lazy, and understand “situational” friendships where you love folks, and you go out of your way for them, but once you’re further away than 30 minutes or so, the friendship falls by the wayside as they are just outside of your “routine” of life.
I could talk to the roomie and see about putting 90% of my stuff in storage and moving in with her for a year or two (ugh !).
I could choose to move to the boonies and renting for a year or two while living 2-3 hours away and waiting for the drama to resolve itself (ugh !).
Or, I could chose to counter-offer the Seller with a rental option equal to the value of the mortgage in a rent-to-own option with a two (2) year limit, in the hope that I could be able to opt to buy this unit as soon as I can document a higher income. But, that’s pretty ballsy. However, with a 2-year option, they could terminate the deal at any time if I’m late, or if we’ve reached the 2-year timelimit and my case still hasn’t settled. I want to be fair and not keep them on the hook indefinitely.
I’m really thinking that my Plan A is going to be the ballsy option, with me offering to pay for the costs of putting in linoleum and painting the unit inside (all white) so that it’s clean enough for me to move into while reducing my costs…
Plan B will be to move to the boonies.
Plan C will be to move into the Roomies for a year or two (she can use the income).
Decisions, decisions, decisions.
For now, I’m continuing to pack as I clearly can’t afford to stay where I’m at, regardless of whatever option is the final outcome.