With a nod to shyutgal, I’ve received a blog award. Cool ! Here are the rules, though:
First – Thank the person who nominated you
Okay… ShyUTGal – thank you. I love your postings on a variety of topics, especially as middle-aged women turn into crones. As for everyone else who might read this recommendation – go to her blog…you’ll have fun. And, if you like poetry, there’s a bonus round. Give her a look – you won’t regret it:
Next – Answer the questions from your nominators. Here’s what ShyUTGal had to answer, so I answered them, too:
- Do you suffer from insomnia? If so, what do you think about at 3 a.m.? Not usually. I have the opposite problem – so tired I can just about sleep any time, any place. In order to not miss out on life, I’ve taken to napping in my car between errands. Sad, but true.
- What’s your all-time favorite movie? Just one? Probably JAWS.
- Pets? Pro or Con? Pro. I am ruled by a fur-coated diva who is sure my role is that of “staff”.
- Do you enjoy sports? If so, what in particular attracts you to that sport? Ugh, no. While I refuse to sit and watch sports (it’s like paint drying), I will try almost anything if I can participate. Just don’t make me be an observer of life vs. a participant.
- Dream car? Do you have one? Not really. I lusted after the Dodge Prowler when I had a bunch of $$$ in my pocket, but I couldn’t see paying $25,000 for a car that could only be repaired in like 45 places in the whole of the USA… Of course, if I’d followed my heart (1998), that car sells for about $75,000 used as it had such a limited run.
- What is your take on the importance of independence as we age? Do our children (provided we have some) have an obligation to help take care of us? I guess these are two separate questions, as I don’t have kids. First, independence is critical so long as we can mentally care for ourselves. Otherwise, independence is less important than being safely assisted and helped until we die a natural death. Nobody wants to be prey or captive. As for the kids question – I believe what they wrote in the screenplay of “Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner”
John: You listen to me. You say you don’t want to tell me how to live my life. So what do you think you’ve been doing? You tell me what rights I’ve got or haven’t got, and what I owe to you for what you’ve done for me. Let me tell you something. I owe you nothing! If you carried that bag a million miles, you did what you’re supposed to do! Because you brought me into this world. And from that day you owed me everything you could ever do for me like I will owe my son if I ever have another. But you don’t own me! You can’t tell me when or where I’m out of line, or try to get me to live my life according to your rules.
- Your favorite food? Just one? Pizza. Or chocolate. Nah, Pepperoni Pizza.
- Favorite color? Blue. Caribbean or Cobalt – any shade of blue.
- If you won the lottery/got a million tax free, what would you do with it? Have fun. Bank it, and live off the income. Give a little away to help others. Probably buy a mobile home park, make it non-profit, and set it up with 1-2 bedroom “grandma pods” for people to buy and live in as they age.
- Your best trait? Persistence. As long as it’s not a lost cause, and there’s hope of a different outcome, I can’t let an issue rest.
- Your worst? Persistence. As long as I’m ticked off about something, I can’t let it rest. Ok, my temper. I guess I wouldn’t be anywhere without anger as my “go to” emotion for when things get hard.
And here’s the questions she gave me to answer:
1 – if you had to pick a theme song for your life, what would it be and why? “The sun will come out tomorrow.” No, wait… “I would do anything for you… but I won’t do THAT” by Meatloaf / Jim Steinman.
2 – what’s your favorite flavour of ice cream? Peppermint stick. Unlike this picture, though, it’s got to have chocolate jimmies.
3 – which of the seven deadly sins do you most associate (identify??) with? Pride. I’m always on the cliff edge for getting into trouble with that one.
4 – how do you perceive love? More than words. People lie, so I look at their actions.
5 – are you a bookworm? Yes, although it’s getting harder as my eyes are aggravated. Luckily, there’s audible.com to come to my rescue.
6 – what are you reading right now? Patricia Brigg’s Mercy Thompson series, ” Iron Kissed “, book 3, published 2008. (See image, above)
7 – would you rather be unable to go on the internet for the rest of your life or not be able to listen to any music for the rest of your life? Music. I’d have to give up music because I already avoid it since I have a hard time singing anymore, so it wouldn’t be a new loss. Giving up my reference library (i.e., the internet) would be intolerable. Yes, I’m an addict.
8 – what’s a random interesting fact about you? Nothing I can think of. Maybe the fact that my right pointer finger was cut off and reattached when I was 4 years old? (Too gruesome to post here)
9 – have you ever truly hated anyone (and who, if you’re okay with revealing that)? Yes, my father. It’s a love/hate thing, where mostly I can ignore it.
10 – it’s the zombie apocalypse! pick a (reasonable) weapon to defend yourself with. This one is tough. I was going to say “crossbow” because I can’t run fast, but I think I’d do better with fire. Maybe a firey crossbow, so that I could get them from afar?
11 – when was the last time you cried, and why? I try not to keep track. Usually when I’m frustrated, and can’t get the words out.
12 – what has blogging done for you? Freed me to be more of myself. I’d never have started dating without blogging to help me find likely candidates (yes, it was on a dating website – not here). Blogging has given me a voice to purge my frustrations when I am otherwise rendered mute. And a place to be more real about my true self than the real world can tolerate.
Nominate (eleven) other bloggers and give them (eleven) new questions to answer.
I don’t think I’m aware of 11 other bloggers, but I’ll give it a try.
*ShyUTGal has been asked and answered, but please jump in on these new questions, if you wish.
LivingInALimitedWorld – coping with reality and maintaining independence
WlloydJr – COPD and other topics
ProblemsWithInfinity – endless humor
PoliceCommander – deep insights on world affairs, violence, and persistence
RobinTournadre – A variety of travel photos and accompanying text.
Sahar – interesting thoughts and occasional poetry.
As for my 11 questions for my nominees, here goes:
- Pick whatever you want from the prior asked and answered questions and reply.
- Sports or Politics – which one excites you or aggravates you the most?
- Travel – do you like to travel, and where would you go if you could?
- Travel – if you travel, where do you avoid going?
- Faith – are you part of a formal religion (and share if you choose), and if yes or no, why do you feel that way?
- What are your pet peeves? Many or few? Share as many as you wish and why they aggravate you so…
- Board games – do you like them or hate them?
- Video games – do you like them or hate them?
- Power – do you feel involved in the world or powerless? Do you think the individual can make a difference?
- Power – do you seek power for yourself, or avoid it?
- Do you think “power” and “being responsible” are the same thing?
Ok, that’s it for today. Time to be away to work off my kinks and join a friend for lunch.